Saturday, May 18, 2013

The pouch, the j-pouch.

Three weeks after surgery and I feel like a brand new person. I probably have been doing more then I should but you have to understand that for 3 years my life was taken from me ---by Ulcerative Colitis. I just want to live, I want to go back to work and doing the many things that make me Kayla. 
I'm at a point where I don't want to stay in the house anymore and recuperate. I'm tired of letting UC suck the life out of me. I'm tired of being the sick girl and the loner. Ulcerative colitis doesn't live in me anymore and  I just really love the way that sounds. 
It hasn't been quite a month since I've "taken it easy." But I hate that Ulcerative Colitis was the deciding factor of how much my body was able to take and what I can and cannot eat. 
I'm ready to live.
And in these 3 weeks, I've been living. To Disneyland, California Adventures, the movies and eating whatever my heart desires but of course in moderations. I know I don't want to end up back in the hospital, being poked and pricked, so instead of going all out like I wish I could. I'm "taken it easy" in my definition of take it easy. 
My j-pouch has given me the quality of life I've been dreaming of. I'm able to use the restroom when I want too. I'm able to hold a bowel without rushing and panicking to the bathrooms and slowly adding more foods to my diet and so far only hot dogs are --deadly. 
At night I'm trying to adjust. I'm not getting the best of sleep because the constant urge to use the restroom sometimes I'm too exhausted to get out of bed but I end up paying for it later -- but that's exactly why the invented washer and dryers right? For people who don't have a colon and have an accident. That's what I thought. 
I've added some spicy food but not too much, been eating lots of chocolate which is only going to make me fat but my j-pouch seems to have no complaints. He enjoys it and I'm loving every minute of it because chocolate and my yucky colon never got a long.
My scar is healing up // the first scab already peeled off. I almost threw up but I survived and just in a few more weeks hopefully my scar will be less visible.
So ill end with my j-pouch hasn't done me wrong yet and I'm hoping I get many more days like today-- because I deserve them. I deserve to be happy and my j-pouch is making me feel amazing and brand-new. So if you doubt yourself and think this surgery isn't for you. Maybe the j-pouch may not be your answer but getting rid of that yucky colon is. Say Goodbye, and you will live, to feel like I do right now. This is going to be the end of Ulcerative Colitis but only a new beginning for Me and my J-pouch.

Don't stop believing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment