Friday, May 3, 2013

Dr. Fleshner

I don't know if I will be able to look you in the eyes and tell you this tomorrow but I am beyond thankful for you. Even if I've been stubborn throughout this entire process and I've cried many tears in front of you. I thank god everyday for a man like you. You're my life saver, my hero.
The man I can always count on and say he made a difference in my life.
Dr. Fleshner, I wish there were more people like you.
"It takes a great doctor to pull off what you have, but you made it look so easy. You're a doctor I'll always remember. You not only imprinted my heart, but I have a body part that was reconstructed by you."
"The mama with no colon can point fingers at you, but not because i'm angry, but because I'm thankful beyond measure for you."





God.
"You have helped me see the light of things, you have given me strength I never knew I had, you watched the hands of Dr. Fleshner as he operated on me. You gave me people in my life that would go above and beyond for me. My parents who have struggles of their own, be there by my bedside as I recover. Eating hospital food and spending money on hotel rooms.
My brother and sisters who travel hours to be with me, you were there so they arrived safely and you were there on their return home. My aunt and uncle who take time off to just be there and make me laugh and Malia's father who hasn't been the best of a man but is making up for it. You have helped me fight when I didn't even think I had a fight left in me. You've given me new friends. Megan Freda- battles the same illness as I do. And even though we live miles away and never met.. we are connected because of you and we always will be. I'll always wonder where she's at, how she's doing, and if her new life is bringing her happiness. And that's all because of you. The man of many miracles."

You all may think I'm strong, and you make think I don't cry. But God has given me the strength everyday to wake up and live. He's told me I'm amazing, he's
Told me I'm better then what I give myself credit for. He's even given me Malia when I was only 21 years old, but he knew I was capable of being a great mommy. That's all I'll ever strive to be now.

Ulcerative Colitis you are no longer apart of me anymore, and I'm thrilled. It's amazing to think someone could live
Without a colon, but in replace of it, is given a j-pouch: that warns you when you have to go to the restroom but it doesn't hurt. See with ulcerative colitis- it hurt and sometimes it would be so bad, I would bleed, I would throw up and I'd would curl into a ball and just want to scream. You couldn't hold it and if you tried.. Believe me, you'd only be angry at yourself. There would be POOP everywhere. Hopefully you have black on. But with your j-pouch it just lets you know when it's full and it's time to release. So far I've been able
To hold it and that's a week after surgery and I'm able to say that. I still wear protection just in case but hopefully that's only for a little while until I have full control
Of my bowel and trust my j-pouch. You do get irritated down there but you find creams and things that suite you, and make you comfortable. So far.. I have no
Complaints with my j-pouch.
I've introduced watermelon and honeydew to my j-pouch today and I felt fine. I was able to be active today, so I cooked and cleaned. An had about 5-6 bowel movements but nothing to drastic. I could manage that, as long as there is no pain.. I don't care how many bowels I have. Just getting use to my new friend. And I'll update you as time passes. Just trying to heal up my battle wounds and get rid of all these bruises so I can enjoy some free-time. Also give me a few more weeks and I'll have a name for my j-pouch.

Love you all, and thank you for reading.





No comments:

Post a Comment