Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Stoma-lily.

So I suggest if you have a weak stomach you shouldn't look at this. It's pretty amazing to me how over the years they discovered somebody can actually live without their colon and this is how.
My stoma-Lily comes out of my tummy and it is a part of me. You learn to get use to it.

At first I was extremely nervous and I'd get so shaky every time I had to touch it but now it's my new best friend and the fact that my three year old loves mommy's ouchie and protects me every time she thinks or hears somebody talking about it or making fun of me.// Makes me that much prouder to own this and face reality. by the way..She doesn't like it one bit even if you talk about my stoma-lily in a good way.

So this is where my ostomy bag comes into play. It's attached to me. And it's where I use the restroom. Pretty amazing huh? I mean, I would have totally of done this 3 years ago if I knew my life was going to improve drastically and I was going to be able to eat anything and everything and actually enjoy life and have mine back.

It's almost time for surgery #2 in this three-step process. And I'm more scared and nervous now for the 2nd one MORE then I was the 1st.
And believe me I was pretty nervous. But again I had my dear friend Elyse who talked me through the whole thing and even told me stories that will forever stay with me as I experience my own. I think the thought of actually having to reopen my incision just sounds so painful. I've joked that I'm going to flee the country or move to Hawaii but I'm started to really think that isn't such a bad idea. I mean I can really get use to the thought of having my bag my entire life. It's not so bad. Before all of this I heard horror stories about having a bag and how life was going to change but it actually hasn't. If anything, mine has gotten a whole lot better. I mean I can actually enjoy a beer with no pain maybe even an entire six-pack. My favorite is bud light. Thanks for asking!

So February 26th; set in stone and I'm going to be ready. I know I can do this, I mean I've gotten this far I have too. But if you don't hear from me on that date. I'm probably enjoying a cocktail on the beach somewhere and my name is no longer Kayla but Kawaliaka.

Just kidding.

But I still have another month.
And I'll be physically and mentally ready. Not so much emotionally because ill probably be a wreck but with my family and friends by my side. Ill get through this like I did the 1st time and how ill get through it the 3rd time as well.

You never know how stronger you really are until the only thing you can do is be strong. And you never know how great something can actually be unless you experience it for yourself.
And With all these challenges that have been thrown my way, I'll accomplish them with just a little help from god holding my hand.

Ps. Don't mind the outfit in picture one.





No comments:

Post a Comment