Thursday, February 14, 2013

Rite-Aid Attack.

My morning started off great. I was feeling like my old-self again and just relaxed. Malia is with her father for the weekend so
It's giving me some time to just take it easy. I had mild to moderate pain in my upper abdomen like yesterday but nothing nearly as painful. I had to fill my prescription so I slowly got myself dressed and headed to Rite-Aid. As I'm pulling up to the intersection the excruciating pain in my upper abdomen was coming back and my first thought was to pull-over but I just kept telling myself I'm stronger than this and maybe if I don't think about it.. It will just go away.

I walk into rite-aid fill my prescription and in that moment I wanted to just throw myself on the floor but I knew I was there alone and people might just think I'm crazy. 15 minute wait and my medications were going to be ready, again I reassured myself that it was going to be okay.

I phoned my mother because at that moment in time she's the only one I wanted to talk too and even though she's miles away I knew she could make everything all feel better.

I walked up and down the aisles because I wanted to surprise my cousin Andrew with a Valentine's day gift.

I was successful. BUT the pain only grew. I went to sit down in the back and my body began to get super hot and I felt like I was going to pass out from the stabbing pain. My aunt called me to let me know she was on here way. Thank god I didn't have Malia with me.

As I'm sitting there the tears started to roll down my face because I just wanted it to be a great day. And I think I'm a little scared that this pain might be acid reflux and heartburn and all those things you experience when you have Crohn's disease.
There's a possibility that my ulcerative
Colitis can turn into Crohn's but I don't know if I could handle that. I've been enjoying eating all my foods and if I'm limited to things that cause me acid reflux now and heart burn. I don't know how well I'm going to be able to handle that and swallow it all.

I know I must stay positive and pray but it's like one thing after another and of course more medication that I have to remember to take and depend on.

My Rite-Aid attack felt so awful and I was scared. My first thought was what if I pass out would anyone help me?

Today was suppose to be filled with roses and chocolates and a delicious dinner setting with my beautiful aunt and uncle. Not sleep the day away in pain..

Let's just hope tomorrow's a better day.

1 comment: